Last week I watched the movie “Lucy”. Have you seen it? It’s a great Hollywood movie starring Scarlett Johansson and Morgan Freeman with quite an interesting subject: Nootropics aka Smart Drugs. Now, I’m not writing an article supporting drug use, but I think memory & cognitive enhancers are an extremely intriguing topic, especially for people interested in the potentials of the human mind, and self-mastery. The movie states, “The average person uses 10% of their brain capacity. Today she will hit 100%.”
In the modern world many people’s lives are extremely success driven and they tend to have two objectives:
- Carpe Diem, “seize the day”. To live life to the fullest potential.
- Self-mastery in order to be faster, stronger, and to become a fully realized human being.
Now nootropics can come in two different forms, pharmaceuticals or supplements. Both have the goal to improve mental functions such as cognition, memory, intelligence, motivation, attention, and concentration. In brief, they aim to improve your cognitive capabilities. They usually affect the brain’s supply of neurochemicals such as enzymes and hormones by enhancing oxygen supply or nerve growth. Of these two forms, pharmaceuticals can still have adverse effects. Which leaves us again, to nature’s solution and magic, “herbs”.
My TOP 5 list of the most amazing natural herbs you can use to live to your fullest potential –
- Reishi Mushroom – Reishi has been the most revered mushroom in Asia for over 2,000 years and the Chinese say this mushroom can take you to a “dimension of transcendent reality.” Reishi helps promote healthy brain chemistry, memory & concentration.
- Gotu-Kola Leaf – Gotu kola has been highly regarded in India for thousands of years and is perhaps the most spiritual of all herbs. It is used by yogis to improve meditation and is said to develop the crown chakra, which is the energy center at the top of the head. It will also bring balance to the right and left hemispheres of the brain.
- Rhodiola Rosea – Rhodiola has a legendary history dating back thousands of years. The Vikings depended on the herb to enhance their physical strength and endurance, while Chinese emperors sent expeditions to Siberia to bring back “the golden root” for medicinal uses. In the brain, Rhodiola helps to improve various parameters of brain function including attention, memory, thought formation, calculating, evaluating, planning, and overall learning.
- Cordyceps Mushroom – The risk of cognitive decline and dementia increases with age. Researchers have found a significant increase in the activity of antioxidant enzymes whose activity was decreased by the aging process. The structure of the hippocampus, a brain area in which degenerative changes had occurred, increased strongly by supplementation with Cordyceps. The research suggests that Cordyceps sinensis helps keep the brain healthy with age, both structurally and functionally, partly by improving the antioxidant status.
- Siberian Eleuthero Root – Also known as Siberian Ginseng, has been used in Asia for many centuries. It is known for its ability to support the brain and can improve memory, as well as, focus and general brain function. Siberian ginseng contains many chemicals that affect the brain, immune system, and certain hormones. It might also contain chemicals that have activity against some bacteria and viruses.
Now, I think it’s clear that the benefits of neuro enhancers are very much in line with the objectives of the modern digital era. The growing demands of the 21st century push people to look for new options, and natural solutions often seem to be the “best way.”
Wishing you to live the life you dream! And, please share & tweet this article.